ant-user mailing list archives

From Louise Pryor <louise.pr...@riskexplorer.com>
Subject Re: More optional task problems
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:26:26 GMT
At 07:15 08/06/01 -0700, you wrote:
>--- Louise Pryor <louise.pryor@riskexplorer.com> wrote:
> > (and why do I have to use taskdef to set up the junit task when it's
> > meant to be a default one?)
>
>You shouldn't have to, if optional.jar is in the "lib" subdirectory of
>$ANT_HOME. All the jar-files in the "lib" dir are added by the ant[.bat]
>script to the classpath used to run the 'java' that executes Ant. If
>you're running the "ant.bat" script, try echo'ing out the actual 'java'
>command-line so you can see what classpath it's being run with:
>
>:runAnt
>@echo on
>%_JAVACMD% -classpath %LOCALCLASSPATH% -Dant.home="%ANT_HOME%" %ANT_OPTS%
>org.apache.tools.ant.Main %ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS%
>@echo off
>goto end
>
>If you're running the "ant" script, bracket the command with set -x/set
>+x.
>
>Verify that optional.jar is included in the passed-in classpath (and get
>rid of any <taskdef>'ing stuff you've added to your build-file).

I did that. echoing the classpath showed that optional.jar was definitely
there. Getting rid of the taskdef stopped it being able to find the junit
task. I *really* don't understand what is happening. That's why I said that
I must be doing something really stupid, but what???

Louise

Louise Pryor                     Securities Finance Systems Ltd
louise.pryor@riskexplorer.com    CBC House
T: +44 131 272 2782              24 Canning Street
F: +44 131 272 2800              Edinburgh EH3 8EG
http://www.riskexplorer.com      Scotland