ant-user mailing list archives

From Louise Pryor <>
Subject Re: More optional task problems
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:56:39 GMT
At 15:20 08/06/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Louise Pryor <> wrote:
> > However, I still have to do a taskdef for the junit task, else it
> > doesn't find the task;
> >

> > and then, when I run it, I get
> >
> > run.test:
> >      [junit] Running
> >      [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> >      org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTestRunner
>Well, if this is the message, Ant obviously knows which class it is
>supposed to load for the junit task.
>Are you specifying a classpath with your taskdef? I guess junit is not
>in your system CLASSPATH so Ant cannot load the junit task because it
>doesn't find JUnit itself.

Yes, classpath specified and definitely includes junit.

When I run it with verbose, junit prints out the classpath it is using: it
definitely includes the junit jar, and definitely doesn't include any of
the ant jars.

It really looks as if it's the class that
isn't being found because it's not in the class path: which it isn't, as
the ant jars aren't there.

So should I be specifying the ant jars in my own class path?  That really
doesn't seem as if it should be right.

Note that the problem above occurs when I specify fork="yes"
When I do fork="no", I get
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/TestListener
Compiled Code)
Compiled Code)
   [stuff omitted...]

This time it looks like it *is* a junit class that it can't find, but again
the verbose output says that the junit jar is in the classpath.

I really don't understand what is going on here!

(and why do I have to use taskdef to set up the junit task when it's meant
to be a default one?)

Louise Pryor                     Securities Finance Systems Ltd    CBC House
T: +44 131 272 2782              24 Canning Street
F: +44 131 272 2800              Edinburgh EH3 8EG      Scotland

View raw message