ant-user mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Mishra <Sanjeev_Mis...@timerasolutions.com>
Subject Compilation problem !!!!
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:43:03 GMT
Hey!! Ant Masters !!!!

Here is a Question to you all  for resolving the cross references in a Java
Project involving the EJBs.
I would like to describe in a bit detail.

We Have two directories:-

1. One containing the project files ( Java classes etc.)
2. the another directory contains the EJB files.

Obviously, the Project class files call the EJB Client which then calls the
EJB Business methods on the EJB implementation files which in turn makes the
use of the project class files. That is a circular reference. I have my
project working fine , EJB Tested seperately and deployed successfully in
Weblogic 6.0.

If i delete the class files of the project and the EJB implementation and
try to build the project (involving EJBs) by writing a build file using the
Ant tool I get stuck.

The reason for this is if i try to build the task involving the project
files first it expects the EJB Client class to be compiled first as it calls
it ,
so if i build the EJB Client class first it expects me to compile the task
involving the EJB implementation first as it creates the object of the
implemented bean and the home object.
Finally if i compile the Bean implementations it expects me to build the
project files as the bean is creating the objects of the project class files
located in the other directory of the project

and i get stuck with this circular reference.

So how should i build the project ????

Any help would be great.

Thank you very much

Sanjeev Mishra