ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Vogel <pvo...@arsin.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.3 sequence of tasks but would like concurrent?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:36:32 GMT
By my reading, this means that tasks within a target can be run in
parallel (probably with a "doall" sort of containing task) but that
target's will not be run in parallel.

If you consider parallel versions of make, they do the opposite,
the tasks to create a target from a source file happen in sequence,
but if there are several targets which need to be run, and no
dependency between them, the targets can be run in parallel.

It makes sense for make, it probably will someday make sense for ant,
but its just an optimization, not a necessary feature, while running
tasks in parallel can be necessary if you need to start a server to
get something done...

-Peter