ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Vogel <pvo...@arsin.com>
Subject RE: A Question about conditional property setup
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:55:32 GMT
Assuming you don't mean the builtin "basedir" property set as an attribute
to the
"project" tag, you could do this:

<target name="init_release" if="build.num">
    <property name="base" value="${build.num}"/>
</target>

<target name="init_developer" unless="build.num">
    <property name="base" value="."/>
</target>

<target name="init" depends="init_release, init_developer">
</target>

And make your other targets dependent (at least indirectly) on the "init"
target.

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Hara, Patrick [mailto:patrick.ohara@workscape.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 8:06 AM
To: Ant User Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: A Question about conditional property setup

I am using Ant 1.3 on Win2K to do both developer and release builds.  A
Release build will have build.num set to the build number.  A Developer
build will have build.num set to nothing.  I want to define a project.base
property with the following characteristics:  If build.num is set the base
should be C:\ProjHome\ViewName\BuildNum.  If build.num is set to nothing
then the project.base should be C:\ProjHome\ViewName.

I have looked at the if and unless attributes and I do not see a way to use
these to set the value.  For now I am setting it with a environment
variable.  Any help will be appreciated.

Patrick D O'Hara
N17 W24222 Riverwood Dr,
Suite 330
Waukesha, WI 53188-1162