ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Vogel <pvo...@arsin.com>
Subject RE: apply task vs execon task
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:33:48 GMT
It's not as clear as it could (should) be, but apply's doc says this:

The timestamp of each source file is compared to the timestamp of a target
file which is defined by a nested mapper element. At least one fileset and
exactly one mapper element are required.

While ExecOn says:

The files and/or directories of a number of FileSets are passed as arguments

to the system command. At least one nested <fileset> is required.

Subtle, but there if you read between the lines...

-Peter

---
Peter A. Vogel
Manager, Configuration Management
Arsin Corporation, Professional Services
http://www.arsin.com