ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <jch...@msl.es>
Subject RE: Ant Problems, Win 2000
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 07:03:51 GMT
At 02:38 AM 08/06/01, you wrote:
>hmmmm ...
>
>That jar IS in my classpath, but the "clean" target I'm running doesn't
>call javac or anything else that would use the classpath.  Besides, I
>waited for hours (while doing other stuff, of course !!), and tried
>running the "clean" target again, and I still get the same problem.  The
>weblogic server is not running.  NOTHING is using that jar.  So I really
>don't get it ...
>
>help ..... ( i really don't want to manual delete that jar from explorer
>everytime )

I get a similar error intermittently here too - files (jar files) that are
sometimes locked, sometimes not...  Tomcat, for example, sometimes causes
this lock, sometimes not. Explorer, ultra-edit, the same.  All of which
leads me to believe that it's a Win2000 thang, and not something that we're
supposed to understand ;(

Things to look out for that minimise the problem:
Check that you haven't got explorer/my pc open on the directory you're
deleting/modifying
Check dos windows aren't open on the directory
Check that you have no other java processes running
Consider adding the jar to your classpath dynamically, and not at a system
level.

(All things you no doubt already do, though...)

Sorry not to be of more help!

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *