ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: depends vs. antcall
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:22:44 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> (1) will allow you to resue same target but pass in different properties each
> time. Effectively treating the target as a method. This will probably go away
> in Ant2.

!!!!

... and be replaced by ???

The ability to factor out common steps from different tasks for ease of
maintenance and documentation seems to be an essential feature for Ant.

So, my question is - if AntCall w/Parameters, how am I to retain the
current structure in my build files?

[ If it is useful, I'm willing to send a couple of my build files to the
list for comment ]

Cheers,
Bevan.

Bevan Arps, Senior OO Analyst             email: bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz
ACT Financial Systems     "Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"
This  communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views
and opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).