ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Meals" <>
Subject Re: P4 Optional Tasks
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:51:45 GMT
Erik --

In our build XML files, we add a taskdev for P4Sync:
    <taskdef name="P4Sync"
    <target name="sync" depends="init">
        <P4Sync view="//depot/${p4.branch}/..."/>

Adding the taskdef should take care of Ant's complaint.

Tim Meals

Kazandjian Erik wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use P4Sync in my ant script to synchronise all my source files
> before starting to compile. I already downloaded the optional.jar and put it
> in my lib directory under my ANT_HOME. However every time when I try to call
> P4Sync I get the following message
> /home/erik/square/src/build.xml:25: Could not create task of type: P4Sync.
> Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an
> optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
> installation (ANT_HOME).
> The complete P4 command I call is the following
>         <P4Sync user="${myenv.P4USER}"></P4Sync>
> Does anybosy know what I'm doing wrong
> Erik

Tim Meals
Web Applications Developer
direct:   925-253-6515
fax:      925-253-4599
operator: 925-253-4500        Intraware ... Control Your Technology

View raw message