ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: delete task recursion ...PLease do answer ASAP if possible ...
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:39:10 GMT
Viraj Purang wrote:

> HI Diane,
>    I decided to go ahead with the installation of 1.4 alpha and it gave me a
> SecurityException and just bombed.

I just got this one myself, because there was a JAXP1.0 (jaxp.jar and
parser.jar) in my extension directory and the 1.4alpha uses JAXP1.1 (jaxp.jar
and crimson.jar).  Make sure the old JAXP1.0 stuff is out of your classpath and
your extension directory and you should be ok.  If you don't have control over
your java installation (as I don't - gotta love corporate development
environments sometimes) you can set your ANT_OPTS environment variable to point
the extension directory to somewhere non-existant:

export ANT_OPTS="-Djava.ext.dirs=/some_dummy_dir"

The ANT_OPTS variable will stick in any command line options you want to pass
to java.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.