ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: antcall
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:42:42 GMT
"Larry V. Streepy, Jr." wrote:

> Earlier, I posted a request for a "lighter" antcall.  As I have worked
> through the problem a little further, I've come to the following
> question: Why doesn't the "ant" task copy the filters to the newly
> created project (like it does with the properties)?
>
> If it did this, it would solve my problem.  Is there a good reason that
> it does not?

Not particularly, other than we've only added what was thought necessary
at the time.  There has been some discussion recently about how we will
inherit properties in Ant2 (and as an optional method in Ant1.x), but I'm
not sure if we've really come to an effective conclusion.  Part of the
discussion was whatever method we chose for properties, it will apply to
datatypes, taskdefs, etc.  So logically this should include filters.

If you want filters to be inherited, try lobbying the other committers.  I
don't have any problem with it myself.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.