ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <>
Subject Re: PATCH to
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:54:40 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Larry V. Streepy, Jr. <> wrote:
> > In case anyone wants the rmic task to properly handle the IIOP
> > stub naming conventions, I'm posting this patch to the released
> > version 1.3 file.
> Well, rmic has changed into a facade task in current CVS (now supports
> the rmic commands from Weblogic and Kaffee as well).

I should have checked the current CVS drop, but we're only using the
released 1.3 (with some local changes) in order to keep our build
environment stable.  I just didn't have the time to make the changes in
both versions of the file.

> I'd like to fold
> your patch into the current version but have some questions (I don't
> use IIOP myself and have never tried to - please forgive my
> ignorance).

Hey, I'm just glad you're looking at it :-)

> In your patch you'd have path/package/_classname_Stub.class and
> path/package/_classname_Skel.class for a given class of the fully
> qualified name package.classname.
> Judging from my JDK documentation for 1.3 it should be
> path/package/_classname_stub.class (note the lower case s) and
> path/package/_classname_tie.class.
> I could easily adapt for both cases, just need to know what is the
> right way.

I use JDK 1.3, here's the output from "java -version":

java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0-C)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0-C, mixed mode)

Its rmic -iiop command does not generate any _tie files, it only
generates _Stub.  Note the upper case S.  I did not have a 1.2 JDK
available for testing so the code path that handles jdk 1.2 with iiop is
likely wrong.  Sorry for that.

If you're running on jdk 1.2 and getting the results you specify above,
I can certainly make adjustments to the code for that case.

Larry V. Streepy, Jr.

970/626-5028 (office)
970/626-4425 (fax)

View raw message