ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <stre...@healthlanguage.com>
Subject Re: "Modified" timestamp when using <copy> task
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:57:29 GMT
Doesn't matter to the OS. You opened the file and wrote into it.  That's
all it takes to change the modification time.  The OS is not checking to
see that what you wrote in hasn't changed.

If the copy is always occurring, even when your source file has not, are
you setting the "overwrite" attribute to "true"?  If so, you might set
it to false and avoid the copy when the source file hasn't changed.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.