ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Clinton <bclin...@snipermail.com>
Subject ??? Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set. ???
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:45:53 GMT
Hello,
    When I came in this morning, my ant builds are failing with this
message:

Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
   If build fails because sun.* classes could not be found
   you will need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable
   to the installation directory of java.

however, when I type:  echo $JAVA_HOME
I get: /usr/java/jdk1.3.1

I have been using ant for about a week now with no problems, and I am
unsure of what I could have done yesterday to cause this error.  If I
log in as root, ant does run with the same JAVA_HOME.

I looked at the /usr/local/jakarta-ant-1.3/bin/ant file and saw that it
was testing for the existance of $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar, which does
exist on my system.

I don't know what I did yesterday to cause this problem today, and I am
unsure of how I should proceed to debug it.  Has anyone ever seen this
problem before and could offer me a suggestion?

Thanks, Bill