ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Richardson <e...@milagrosoft.com>
Subject Re: antstructure task
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:55:46 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Eric Richardson <eric@milagrosoft.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that the ant build file has to be run once before the
> > doctype can be added to the build.xml.
>
> Well, you could use a different buildfile which you trust to conform
> to the DTD, something very simple like

> <project name="dummy" default="dtd" basedir=".">
>   <target name="dtd">
>     <antstructure out="project.dtd" />
>   </target>
> </project>
>
> Guess I must be missing something.
>
> Stefan
Thanks, the resolvers always require the DTD to be found if they are
mentioned in the doctype eventhough they are not validating. I this
case, it is a sort of chicken and egg thing, you can't supply and ant
file with the doctype and without a dtd even with the antstructure task.
I don't think you were missing a thing.

I thought perhaps I was missing something and you confirmed that I
wasn't.

Thanks,

Eric