ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <stre...@healthlanguage.com>
Subject Re: Building many to one
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:21:09 GMT
I don't know the specifics of how the windows lib command works, but if
you want ALL the *.obj files to be included in the command, you probably
DON'T want to use the apply task since it would only include source
files that are newer than the mapped target files.

You may want to consider using the uptodate task and then use a
conditional task to do the jar.  Like this:

  <target name="maybe-lib">
    <uptodate property="lib.notNeeded" targetfile="bnumber.lib" >
      <srcfiles dir="${dest}" includes="*.obj"/>
    </uptodate>
  </target>

  <target name="build-lib" depends="maybe-lib" unless="lib.notNeeded">
    <exec ... the command to build your lib/>
  </target>

Then "ant build-lib" should do what you want.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.