ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Dougherty <Mi...@san.rr.com>
Subject Re: Ant documentation (was: Re: javax.sql.DataSource(Thanks!!))
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:56:03 GMT
Brett Knights wrote:

> I'd have to agree with Diane. The case in question it seemed the person didn't really
know how to run javadoc in the first place.
> The ant documentation is a bit rough in that the index could use more entries but everything
is there somewhere.

> Incidentally the source seems very well documented and makes a handy low level reference
as well.

I'll third these remarks. The first time I had to use Ant we were under
a lot of pressure to get a build out and Ant (with it's docs) came
through with flying colors. I'm just starting to get involved with this
(and others) project and I really appreciate the effort that's being put
into making the package usable. Maybe it's because I've had to make code
work when the only docs were the (uncommented) code.

--- Suu Quan <squan@wwc.com> wrote:
> If I'm still not clear: I give a Failing grade for documentation.

Then fix it. That's the whole idea behind Open Source. If you don't like
something, make it better, don't complain about it!

/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer