ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Ashton <mash...@Novarra.com>
Subject RE: building a fileset with specific permissions?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:21:41 GMT
Well, I thought I had found a rather clever way to do this:

  <target name = "beautify" description =
    "Cleans up line feeds and tabs if you are in cygwin" >
    <!-- find the writable source files so we don't chmod them back to
         read-only -->
    <exec executable = "find" output = "writable_source_files">
        <arg line = "-perm 644 -name *.java"/>
    </exec>
    <chmod dir = "${src.dir}" perm = "+w"/>
    <fixcrlf srcDir = "${src.dir}" cr = "${carriageReturn}" tab = "${tabs}"
        tablength = "${tablength}" />
    <chmod dir = "${src.dir}" perm = "-w" excludesfile =
        "writable_source_files" />
    <delete file = "writable_source_files" />
  </target>

Unfortunately, it seems the exec command is complaining, and that the chmod
is not working. Does this mean that despite the fact that I am running under
cygwin, any sort of commands exec'ed from ant will be executed in a DOS
environment?

The chmod just doesn't work - when I get to the fixcrlf task, everything is
still read-only. There's no output from the chmod task running ant -v. The
output from the find command is this:
File not found - *.java