ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Ashton <mash...@Novarra.com>
Subject building a fileset with specific permissions?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:51:32 GMT
We have one of those locking source-control systems here that gets all files
as read-only, unless you lock them, in which case it gives you write
permissions. I want to set up a FixCRLF task to fix some of the heinous
crimes against linefeeding and tabbing I see going on in our sourcefiles.
For it to work, it obviously needs to be able to write to the source files.

What I'd like to do is chmod all the files with +w, fixcrlf, and then chmod
them back. The problem arises when I have files checked out, which will
already be +w. A blind "chmod +w" on the files under my source dir will make
all those files I have locks on become read-only. A minor annoyance, to be
sure, but I'd rather not have to worry about it.

Is there any way to build a fileset of all the files that are read-only
underneath a certain directory? This on win2k under cygwin, if that makes a
difference.

Thanks in advance!