ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Ashton <mash...@Novarra.com>
Subject Question about the debug property
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 16:29:56 GMT
I think I got impatient and sent this before my membership was approved, so
here goes again. My apologies if this gets sent twice :-(

Hello everyone, my apologies if this has been answered a million times, but
I couldn't find any info in the various mailing list archives.

Ant only supports two values for the javac debug property: "on" and "off."

Unfortunately, javac supports many different values for debug - you can
specify whether or not to include line number information, source file info,
and local variable information. The default is to include line number info,
and source file info.

When debug is set to "on" ant includes a -g on the javac command line (which
includes all debug information). When it is set to "off" it leaves the -g
off. This means you still have the line numbers and source file info. You
can easily verify this by compiling something with debug off, then using jdb
and doing a "list" in some class - you'll see all the code.

I want to turn debug completely off, as in with the -g:none option on javac.
Is there any way to do this in ant?