ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I am wondering?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 01:03:06 GMT
Hi,

> Please raise your hand (Email speaking) If you are using Ant to build
> a system that is not wholly or largely based on Java?

I have helped setup a few build infrastructures that are not java based.
One is managment, manipulation, rc, deployment, metrics and testing for
building essentially a fancy website. It's users are mostly non-technical
or semi-technical individuals. Besides a few wrapper tasks (basically
simplifications of existing tasks) this uses core Ant.

The other involves management, building and packaging of content for a 3D
VR style environment (manipulation of geometry+textures+scripts etc). It
uses a plethora of custom tasks (mainly as tools to do the manipulation are
mostly custom java programs). It is used by semi-technical and technical
users.

Cheers,

Pete