ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: current task property (like Make's $@)?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:56:52 GMT
At 11:40 PM 6/4/01 -0700, S Page wrote:
>Or am I not grokking the ant philosophy?  Should I instead write a generic
task, and use antcall to call it with different parameters?  Or should I
write a custom mapper that fabricates targets for a given file?  Or... ?
If the documentation contained snippets of build files that show ant
features working together, it would be more obvious.

Well it is not a recomended way of doing things and such functionality
would disapear completely in Ant2 so I am not so sure it is a good idea to
add it in. In Ant1 some would suggest you use ant-call and generic targets
but in ant2 we will have a comprehensive solution for that sort of thing -
at least if I have my way ;)

Cheers,

Pete