ant-user mailing list archives

From Don Taylor <donald_l_taylor...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Retry task on Error
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:46:51 GMT
Ok. Actually it just requires a small modification:

<target name="checkFTPfailure">
  <!-- Do whatever to determine FTP failure.
       (Using 'uptodate' task?)
       If FTP has succeeded, set a property.
  -->
  <property name="ftp.ok" value="true"/>
</target>

<target name="ftpLoop" depends="checkFTPfailure" unless="ftp.ok">
  <FTP .../>
  <antcall target="ftpLoop2"/>
</target>

<target name="ftpLoop2" depends="checkFTPfailure" unless="ftp.ok">
  <antcall target="ftpLoop"/>
</target>

<target name="ftp" depends="ftpLoop"/>

Note that 'checkFTPfailure' will be called *before* you attempt your
first FTP. This should be fine, since you haven't even attempted an FTP
yet that *certainly* should be a failure!  :)

- Don