ant-user mailing list archives

From Don Taylor <donald_l_taylor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Retry task on Error
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:28:45 GMT

--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to retry a task when it errors out?  I have a FTP
> task.  The
> server we are connecting to is a little hit and miss.  I would like
> to retry
> the FTP task if it fails to send all the files.

I'm assuming you can already figure out if the FTP task has failed. Put
that logic in a target:

<target name="checkFTPfailure">
  <!-- Do whatever to determine FTP failure.
       (Using 'uptodate' task?)
       If FTP has failed, set a property.
  -->
  <property name="ftp.failed" value="true"/>
</target>

Now you're ready to try your FTP:

<target name="ftpFirst">
</target>

<target name="ftpSecond" depends="checkFTPfailure" unless="ftp.failed">
</target>

<target name="ftp" depends="ftpFirst,ftpSecond"/>

You see your 'ftp' target will FTP your files, and failing that, will
try again. If you desire to loop until the FTP is complete, let me
know, that's a lot trickier (but possible.)

- Don