ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can ant read environment variables?
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:44:36 GMT
--- Bill Clinton <bclinton@snipermail.com> wrote:
>       I have read in the ant documentation that build files have access
> to environment variables, but I am unable to get this to work.

As of 1.3, you can use:

<property environment="env"/>

or any other prefix you prefer instead of "env".  You can then reference
your environment variables using ${env.VARNAME} (or whatever prefix you've
chosen to use. See the Property task description in the user manual for
more details.

> One more question: I would have liked to research this question some
> more before asking: is there an archive of the ant-user list?  I
> couldn't find one, and I have only been subscribed for around three
> weeks.

There are links to the mailing-list archives at the bottom of the Ant
home-page:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/

Diane

=====