ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Detecting jikes compiler
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:23:23 GMT
--- "Vittoria, Felice" <Felice_Vittoria@bmc.com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> My first guess is that you should replace:
>
> <property environment="system_prop." />
>
> with
>
> <property environment="system_prop" />
>
> Try that and let us know.

Even with that fix (which should be made), it still isn't going to work
the way I suspect Paul wants it to. It looks like he wants to search each
of the directories in $PATH (or I guess I should say %PATH% :) for
jikes.exe, which isn't going to happen. The ant.bat script checks to see
if %JIKESPATH% is set, and will set the compiler to jikes if it is -- but
that doesn't actually guarantee that jikes.exe is available, and it means
having to have that var set in your env (which you might not want, and
don't really need in order to use jikes). So I suppose I'd (yet again)
have to recommend picking up the (unofficial) <foreach> task from the mail
archive (sure wish we could agree to just go ahead and commit the thing in
optional).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)