ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Comparing Method signatures from one build to next
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:55:36 GMT
--- Peter  Vogel <pvogel@arsin.com> wrote:
> I think, actually, that Bill is trying to get more language-specific
> information than an SCM tool provides.
>
> That is, an SCM tool shows diffs, what Bill wants is the semantics
> behind the diffs, what classes are new/deleted, method signatures
> etc.

I meant as a starting point. First you'd capture the change submissions
for the day, then sort out the changes you were interested in (deleted
files, certain types of modifications to files, etc.) That's why I said
it'd be difficult to be specific without knowing which SCM he's using.
Either that, or I guess you could have every-other-day output trees and
compare them -- but that seems like you'd be wading through an awful lot
of stuff that hadn't changed, just to find the stuff that had.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)