ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 21:48:44 GMT
--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> This still leaves the question of how to make a quote part of an
> argument in Ant's Exec.  I could just as easily be doing something with
> a regular expression i want to give to grep on Unix.  That could have no
> spaces and need to be surrounded by quotes (lest some of the characters
> be interpreted by the shell).
> So the question is does Ant support escaping the quotes?  Does it
> support the &quot;?  At least one of these is a bug I think.

It does support &quot; -- but the enclosing of a quoted string in
single-quotes looks to work afterall (it just looks kind of strange when
it's printed out via -verbose) Eg:

Given an input file:
  apple
  orange
  gooseberry

and a target:
  <target name="rungrep">
    <exec executable="grep">
       <arg value='"goo.*er"'/>
       <arg value="test.txt"/>
    </exec>
  </target>

results in:
  rungrep:
       [exec] grep '"goo.*er"' test.txt
       [exec] gooseberry

Give it a whirl for your checkout exec :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)