ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 20:38:17 GMT
--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> I assume that the reason the arguments below are surrounded with quotes
> is because there is a space in them.  The argument that I need quotes
> around does not and can not contain a space.

Oops -- sorry, hadn't had my coffee before I replied earlier, and didn't
notice the stuff you wanted in quotes didn't have any spaces. The only way
I know of to get quotes around a single string would be if the quotes
become part of the string, enclosed in single-quotes (eg, '"foo"') --
which probably isn't what you want.  I guess the question is: Why would it
need quotes around it anyway, if it's a single string? (Is it something
weird with StarTeam?)

P.S. I looked thru the AntStarTeamCheckout.java file and couldn't find
anything wrt 'touch', either -- is it possible it could be coming from
their API somewhere?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)