ant-user mailing list archives

From a..@ufl.edu
Subject Re: CLASSPATH diagnostic tools?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 05:46:53 GMT

=> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 13:45:35 -0700 (PDT), Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> said:

> Sorry -- didn't mean to suggest that (ambiguity bug :)  I think it should
> work either way, but since you were having trouble with it working without
> forking, then having it fork (just) so you could see the classpath it was
> using, "should" (additionally) get it to work.

Well, you're right.  After extensive games played with my paths and my
build.xml, the following facts apply:

- If I fork, I see the path I expect.
- If I fork, my tests run successfully.
- If I don't fork, my tests fail on ClassNotFound errors.

I can solve this by setting all my classpath settings in my containing shell
environment.  I consider this to be a heinous workaround, but certainly
adequate for the moment.

Does it seem silly to want a way to ask a task "OK, what classpath are you
-really- using here?" ?  I'd really rather watch ant-dev a while longer before
I try to dink with it.

- Allen S. Rout