ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.oh...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: Retry task on Error
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:56:26 GMT
Yes I was hoping for a loop until successful.

Patrick O'Hara
262-408-3849
patrick.ohara@workscape.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Taylor [mailto:donald_l_taylor_jr@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 9:29 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Retry task on Error

--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to retry a task when it errors out?  I have a FTP
> task.  The
> server we are connecting to is a little hit and miss.  I would like
> to retry
> the FTP task if it fails to send all the files.

I'm assuming you can already figure out if the FTP task has failed. Put
that logic in a target:

<target name="checkFTPfailure">
  <!-- Do whatever to determine FTP failure.
       (Using 'uptodate' task?)
       If FTP has failed, set a property.
  -->
  <property name="ftp.failed" value="true"/>
</target>

Now you're ready to try your FTP:

<target name="ftpFirst">
</target>

<target name="ftpSecond" depends="checkFTPfailure" unless="ftp.failed">
</target>

<target name="ftp" depends="ftpFirst,ftpSecond"/>

You see your 'ftp' target will FTP your files, and failing that, will
try again. If you desire to loop until the FTP is complete, let me
know, that's a lot trickier (but possible.)

- Don