ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <>
Subject RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 13:31:21 GMT
	I will try it.  If I get some spare time 8-) I will try to start
putting together a set of example build.xml files.  Do you think you could
help with the descriptions.  As I have been a programmer all of my life, my
writing skills are on the terse and technical side.

Pat O

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt []
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam

--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <> wrote:
> This still leaves the question of how to make a quote part of an
> argument in Ant's Exec.  I could just as easily be doing something with
> a regular expression i want to give to grep on Unix.  That could have no
> spaces and need to be surrounded by quotes (lest some of the characters
> be interpreted by the shell).
> So the question is does Ant support escaping the quotes?  Does it
> support the &quot;?  At least one of these is a bug I think.

It does support &quot; -- but the enclosing of a quoted string in
single-quotes looks to work afterall (it just looks kind of strange when
it's printed out via -verbose) Eg:

Given an input file:

and a target:
  <target name="rungrep">
    <exec executable="grep">
       <arg value='"goo.*er"'/>
       <arg value="test.txt"/>

results in:
       [exec] grep '"goo.*er"' test.txt
       [exec] gooseberry

Give it a whirl for your checkout exec :)

Do You Yahoo!?
a year!

View raw message