ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.oh...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 21:16:02 GMT
There is someone else here who seems to recall that the touch issue is a
problem with the StarTeam API, so I will pursue that with StarTeam.  This
still leaves the question of how to make a quote part of an argument in
Ant's Exec.  I could just as easily be doing something with a regular
expression i want to give to grep on Unix.  That could have no spaces and
need to be surrounded by quotes (lest some of the characters be interpreted
by the shell).
So the question is does Ant support escaping the quotes?  Does it support
the &quot;?  At least one of these is a bug I think.

Pat O'Hara
pdohara@techneex.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 3:38 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam

--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> I assume that the reason the arguments below are surrounded with quotes
> is because there is a space in them.  The argument that I need quotes
> around does not and can not contain a space.

Oops -- sorry, hadn't had my coffee before I replied earlier, and didn't
notice the stuff you wanted in quotes didn't have any spaces. The only way
I know of to get quotes around a single string would be if the quotes
become part of the string, enclosed in single-quotes (eg, '"foo"') --
which probably isn't what you want.  I guess the question is: Why would it
need quotes around it anyway, if it's a single string? (Is it something
weird with StarTeam?)

P.S. I looked thru the AntStarTeamCheckout.java file and couldn't find
anything wrt 'touch', either -- is it possible it could be coming from
their API somewhere?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)