ant-user mailing list archives

From Russ Baker <rba...@NETdelivery.com>
Subject RE: javadocs advice?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:12:32 GMT
you could make separate targets say docs.mypackage1, docs.mypackage2,
etc..., then have one depenedent upon another.  Each of the targets can have
their own destination directory also.  Does this help?

-Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Berry [mailto:christopher.berry@etrade.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 7:39 PM
To: Ant-User (E-mail)
Subject: javadocs advice?

Greetings,

I suspect that this question is not Ant related specifically, and has more
to do w/ javadoc itself. So at the risk of getting a RTFM answer, I'll pose
the question anyway.

I am constructing a build system for a series of related, yet independent
"modules". Each module can be built independently, or alternately the whole
system can be driven by from above by a master build.xml.

I can easily javadoc each module independently. I can also javadoc them
collectively (all dropping into the same /docs/javadocs directory, with all
of the expected class.html files present) -- except that the index.html
reflects only the last one executed.

Is there a way to incrementally build javadocs -- layering them on top of
each other?? Or does it really only work as a single step ??

Thanks very much,
Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris Berry  --- christopher.berry@etrade.com  -- 512-323-9479