ant-user mailing list archives

From "M.A.Dunphy" <madun...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: ejbjar: What goes into the generic jar before call weblogic e jbc compiler tool?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:14:38 GMT
Seeing that there is no work around other than unjarring the jar for the
class file, perhaps this task could be modified to have say an excludes
attribute to restrict what goes into the well formed jar. It looks like we
will just have to subclass the Key in the Eentity beans that we have.

Thanks

Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: M.A.Dunphy [mailto:madunphy@bigfoot.com]
Sent: 20 June 2001 18:14
To: Ant-User (E-mail)
Subject: ejbjar: What goes into the generic jar before call weblogic ejbc
compiler tool?

** Sharing a primary key class between entity beans. **

I have a problem with the ejbjar task in Ant.

I have a number of entity beans whose primary key
classes are basically identicle. In fact they all
just subclass a simple base class called Key. I'd
prefer not to bother subclassing Key, but use it
directly as the primary key class of the various
entity beans.

In the ejb-jar.xml file I supply the fully qualified
name of the Key class. However when I try to build
the project I am hitting a problem. Ant seems to be
attempting to grab the Key.class file to include in
the bean's generic jar file. This is causing problems
because the Key.class file is in a jar, not built as
part of the project. Ant cannot find the Key.class
file and so cannot build the generic jar; it doesn't
get as far as invoking weblogic.ejbc.

I can achieve the required results by hand. When make
the generic jar by hand, I don't need to add the
Key.class file to the jar. The other bean classes do
go in (the remote and home interfaces, etc.). The xml
descriptor goes in too, as normal. It references a
class that is not in the generic jar file (ie. the
Key class).

The weblogic.ejbc utility runs fine against this
generic jar file, as long as the Key is on the class
path. The weblogic.ejbc utility needs to be able to
load the Key class, so that it can compile its container
classes (the same as it needs the String class), but
it doesn't need to include the Key.class file in the
final jar.

Can I stop the ejbjar task from trying to include the
class files for the classes mentioned in by deployment
descriptor?