ant-user mailing list archives

From Annie Frost <AFr...@abilizer.com>
Subject RE: How do I capture the current directory during execution?
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:44:19 GMT
I am working with Apache/Tomcat server configuration which requires the
server root and it cannot be a relative path (for Apache/conf/httpd.conf and
tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf).

Several Developers in the building will be running Apache/Tomcat on their
machines and I cannot dictate where they are running it.
I am aiming to keep it as light as possible (trying to conform to Windows NT
right now without using any additional shells... pretty much DS bat programs
and ANT only)

I can assume the following:

The build.xml will be located such as
${server.root}/developer/tools/build.xml

The build.xml will be executed from
${server.root}/developer/tools.deploy.bat

Apache will be deployed as follows
${server.root}/adwe/rt/apache

Within the build.xml, I have a simple <replace> as follows
<replace file="..\..\adwe\rt\apache\conf\httpd.conf"  token="C:/adwe"
value="${server.root}/>
<replace file="..\..\adwe\rt\tomcat\conf\mod_jk.conf" token="C:/adwe"
value="${server.root}/>

For the most part, the ${server.root} is unnecessary as I can reach
everything through relative paths, but for the Apache set-up, I cannot seem
to pull the ${server.root} as a non-relative path.  Normally, the Apache
install would take care of this, but we have Apache stored in CVS and would
like to dynamically mod these files depending on each developers
environment....  Unless there is a simple solution, I could opt to prompt
each developer to enter the root as necessary each time, but this seems like
an excessive step...

Any hints?