ant-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Haspel" <aa...@eredyne.com>
Subject Re: cvs pserver checkout
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:26:33 GMT
Don't answer this, the error was mine.  My script actually created the directory it was checking
out into beforehand; CVS doesn't like that, and of course it blew up.

My apologies.

Aaron
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Aaron Haspel
  To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 4:13 PM
  Subject: cvs pserver checkout

  I'm having an odd problem running the cvs task from ant.  The pertinent section of my build
file looks like this:

  <target name="fetch_source" depends="set_props">

  <!-- Get the latest external source from cvs -->

  <cvs command="checkout"

  cvsroot=":pserver:${user.name}@cerium.eredyne.com:/usr/share/src"

  package="${package_name}"

  dest="${user.home}/src"

  />

  </target>

  This gets the files, but gives me "cannot open CVS/Entries for read access" errors, and
does not put the appropriate CVS directories in my local path.  The odd part is, when I run
cvs from the command line, as follows:

  cvs -d :pserver:aaron@cerium.eredyne.com:/usr/share/src co com.eredyne.test

  everything works fine, and this looks identical to what I'm doing in ant.  Furthermore,
when I specify a local CVSRoot in ant, instead of pserver (just /usr/share/src insted of what
I gave above), the checkout also works correctly.  Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

  Thanks,

  Aaron