ant-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Haspel" <aa...@eredyne.com>
Subject cvs pserver checkout
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:13:07 GMT
I'm having an odd problem running the cvs task from ant.  The pertinent section of my build
file looks like this:

<target name="fetch_source" depends="set_props">

<!-- Get the latest external source from cvs -->

<cvs command="checkout"

cvsroot=":pserver:${user.name}@cerium.eredyne.com:/usr/share/src"

package="${package_name}"

dest="${user.home}/src"

/>

</target>

This gets the files, but gives me "cannot open CVS/Entries for read access" errors, and does
not put the appropriate CVS directories in my local path.  The odd part is, when I run cvs
from the command line, as follows:

cvs -d :pserver:aaron@cerium.eredyne.com:/usr/share/src co com.eredyne.test

everything works fine, and this looks identical to what I'm doing in ant.  Furthermore, when
I specify a local CVSRoot in ant, instead of pserver (just /usr/share/src insted of what I
gave above), the checkout also works correctly.  Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks,

Aaron