ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <mancare...@opoipi.bancaintesa.it>
Subject Re: J2EE deployment
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:09:03 GMT
From: "Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@peramon.com>
> > Is there a task to deploy an .ear archive on a J2EE server?
> > I've written one myself and would like to know if it could be
> > useful to anyone else.
> Well, there's the Ear task in 1.4 which I believe creates such a
> beastie, then the Ftp task which can upload it - does your task do more
> than that?

I've taken a look at them... The Ear task only creates the .ear file, while
the Ftp task is not suitable to deploy on a Sun J2EE RE server.
My task does not create the .ear file, it simply deploys it on a remote J2EE
server as you would do with "deploytool -deploy myApp.ear myServerHost
[myClient.jar]".
Here's an example of how it works:

<j2eedeploy ejbJar="myApp.ear" j2eeHome="c:\j2sdkee1.3"
clientJar="myAppClient.jar"
    dir="jars" hostname="myServer.mydomain.com" />

> If so, you may wish to consider adding your functionality to
> the Ear task. (It may not be appropriate, but it's worth considering.)

The Ear task is general while my task is Sun specific, so I don't think it
would be a good idea to merge them.