ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: tar task blues
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:19:02 GMT
On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 06:19, Cook, Levi wrote:
> Ooops.. I sent before I was done typing my message :)

;)

> Among other things, it overrides the fixcrlf applied in the previous step
> of this target, which results in .sh scripts with DOS line terminators. :(
> Can anyone confirm this behavior? or suggest an ant based fix?

This sounds vaguely like an issue relating to immutable properties.
Properties are immutable so when you do something like

<property name="tar.tmp.dir" value="${dest.dir}/tar-tmp-dir"/>

It will only set this to correct value first time though. Consequently if you
were to run fixcrlf it will always use this value. Could this be the cause?

BTW it is kind of difficult to diagnose your problem given snippet used -
could you send the full build file (either on list or to me directly if it is
large).

Cheers,

Pete