ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: depends vs. antcall
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:53:31 GMT
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:41, O'Hara, Patrick wrote:
> The result leaves me wondering what the purpose of antcall is?

I asked a while back but no one was able to come up with any other reason
other than
1. generic targets
2. work around ant "features"/bugs

(1) will allow you to resue same target but pass in different properties each
time. Effectively treating the target as a method. This will probably go away
in Ant2.

(2) exists to work around some "features" in ant (Namely prpoerties being
immutable).

Cheers,

Pete