ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Character conversion error
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:19:57 GMT
On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 04:16, Robin Porter wrote:
> When trying to build a file using ant with the following command:
> ant -buildfile filename.xml
>
> I am getting the following error:
> c:\filename.xml:1:Character conversion error:"Unconvertible UTF-8 character
> beginning with 0xa9" (line number may be too low).

Somewhere in your input file you have the copyright character '©' (ascii code
0xa9). This is not a valid character in most default xml encodings. You will
need to replace it with &#169; or similar.

> The file use to build perfectly using the last version of jakarta ant but
> when I moved to ant 1.3 I begain receiving this error.

It most likely had to do with changes to xml parser that was updated to be
more compliant.

Cheers,

Pete