ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <mancare...@opoipi.bancaintesa.it>
Subject Re: Conditional task execution
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:39:09 GMT
From: "Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@peramon.com>
> >> Is it possible to execute a task only if a property has a
> >> specific value?
> > You'll be wanting to read that very nice manual and look at
> > the if/unless parameters to the target task.
> ... and then come back and say, "No, that doesn't actually do what I
> asked."

While I was thinking it you had already written it! Are you telepathic? ;)

> if/unless specify whether or not to execute a task if a property is set
> *at all*, not if a property has a specific value.

Exactly.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a task, similar to <available>, which compares
two values? Something like:

<compare property="new.property" first="any string" second="any string" />

in which "new.property" should be set only if "first" and "second"
attributes contain the same string.