ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Corbin" <dcor...@imperitek.com>
Subject Re: Ant Problems, Win 2000
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:09:51 GMT
I have seen (and reported, about 2 months ago) this problem too.  I can't
swear that the file in question was a .jar.  I can swear that NO process has
the file open. (I used a utility that reports all open files).  OTOH, while
I repeatedly encounter this problem, my coworkers who are also using 2000
don't seem to have it.  I had written it off to a bug of some type in 2000.

However, someone in this thread has suggested that ANT may be holding it
open.  In my case, the file in question was part of junit, and I was using
the junit task.  This wouldn't explain why my coworkers don't have it, but I
could easily be doing something "just a little bit differently" than they
are.

David Corbin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie Tsao" <jtsao@atinera.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 5:26 PM
Subject: Ant Problems, Win 2000

Hi,
I've used Ant before on a Solaris, and found it to be quite a reliable,
stable build tool.  I'm currently using it on a Win 2K platform, and
have run into some strange bugs.
Bug 1:
For some reason, the delete task doesn't behave properly sometimes.  For
my "clean" target, I'm deleting the an entire directory.  That directory
contains .class files, config files, jar files, etc.  Certain jar files
cannot be deleted for some reason.  I get the error message:
 [delete]:  Cannot delete ......
When I renamed the file to sometime else, it was fine.  There seems to
be a bunch of inconsistencies because today I renamed the file to the
original name, and it worked.  1 hour later, it didn't work again !!
Anyone know why ?

Bug 2:
There's one particular jar that I'm copying over to the deployment
directory that is causing weird warnings.  For some reason, when use the
copy task to copy the jar to the deployment directory, the "modified"
timestamp on the jar is changed to the current time.  The Ant gives me
some warning about future modified files. Anyone ?

Thanks,
- Jamie