ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nikolaus Schmitt" <n.schm...@scaet.de>
Subject Re: Compilation problem !!!!
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 06:14:04 GMT
Just implement the idea of "build time stub classes". There are two possible
directions:
a) Provide the EJB sources as "empty stubs", containing all members and
methods referred from within the project classes.
b) Provide the project sources as "empty stubs", containing all members and
methods referred from within the EJB classes.

I would suggest to use direction "a)", since it seems usually easier to
isolate a single EJB than the project framework classes as a whole:
1. make a dependancy check and figure out, what EJB classes (and methods)
need to be in place to successfully compile the project classes.
2. create empty but valid sources of the EJB classes referred at a temporary
location
3. compile the project code
4. remove the EJB stub classes
5. compile the "real" EJB implementation code
6. proceed with deployment tasks

Support detection of what to compile (EJB and/or project) by properties or -
better - automatically whitin the build definition file. Also support
detection of cross references between different EJBs.  Test! Test
extensively!

By the way: no single task definition for this in ant - but the task
definitions provided seem to be sufficient.

As a conclusion:
I'd never done this before, but i would start with this proposal in mind.
OffTopic: Developers within EJB projects should never stop trying to avoid
cross references between EJB code and other EJBs and between EJB code and
"project" code. Deployers will love them for doing so.

regards
Niko

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----