ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: depends vs. antcall
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:24:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <lyndon.samson@ssmb.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 12:05 AM
Subject: RE: depends vs. antcall

> Mebbe
>
> But the depends get called before the content of the task, sometimes you
> wanna
> set up some stuff first. Like properties or whatever.

So, set up a dependency to do the setup :-)

> You get a little more
> ability to fine tune using antcall. Ancall can also pass parms which make
> procedural thinkers like me happy :-)

What you are doing will work of course, but I feel that you may be missing
the expressive power of the dependency hierarchy. Try to leave the
procedural thinking aside for a moment and think about the structure of
your build. In the end it is up to you - if you are happy, who am I to
argue ...

Conor