ant-user mailing list archives

From "Suu Quan" <>
Subject Re: Ant documentation (was: Re: javax.sql.DataSource(Thanks!!))
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:54:19 GMT
This will be my last entry on this topic, I promise, because it's a little
off topic.

I've got suggestions that instead of whinning why don't I  'raised
enhancement requests', contribute ....
But before you say I'm a negative thinker, put yourself in my shoes

I'm reading the "USER manual" -> I'm new at this stuff -> I"m struggling at
this stuff -> I'm drowning -> I need resucitation,
I don't know if I'm doing things the way it is intended to, I don't even
know how it should be (and the manual doesn' t help).
So, how am I going to 'propose/contribute'.  The only way I know is to tell
this group that the manual is missing those points.
Until I know what a task is supposed to do, its intended use ..., I can't
ask for an enhancement/fix.

And the argument that bothers me the most: this is contributed software, and
contributed time. This is open software.
When I start a job, I try to do it right. Whether I get paid for it or not
does not affect my quality standard. That's the way I am. I'm just shocked
at the justification that since you didn't pay for it, don't expect much.
Not from Open Software.

Now I shut up, for good.

View raw message