ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brett Knights" <br...@knightsofthenet.com>
Subject RE: script task: suggestion about the docs
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:08:14 GMT

> Thanks Brett, I'm still studying your response. Can't help
> but ask: what is
> the BSF?

Have you read the documentation that does come with Ant? The entry for the script task?

> >-- Ant's code is, for everything I have looked at, clear and
> readable. If
> you would look at the
> >code I think you would see this.
>
>     If I had the time to read the source code, I wouldn't
> need the user
> manual. It's for people who are lazy or just don't have the
> time. My guess
> is the later for most people. That's why I didn't bother to
> download the
> source.

It's OPEN SOURCE. It's expected that you WILL read the source if you have questions not answered
by the available documentation.
Sometimes you get lucky and someone will answer your particular question without you having
to read the source but don't count on
it. Download the Source, Use the Source.