ant-user mailing list archives

From "J. Michael Caine" <jmca...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject RE: "jar"/zip problem
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:28:06 GMT
thank you all for the suggestions.  i wish they helped, but unfortunately
they didn't.  just to approach the simplified problem systematically:

	jar cf test.jar *.class

run from within a directory containing .classes, works fine.

then, i wish to run 'ant', with a simple buildfile:

	<project name="test" default="dist">
		<target name="dist">
		<jar jarfile="test.jar" basedir="."/>
		</target>
	</project>

which gives the error message (i'll print that below).  so, i take babramo's
suggestion:

	<project name="test" default="dist">
		<target name="dist">
		<jar jarfile="./test.jar" basedir="." includes="**"/>
		</target>
	</project>

and get the same message.  so, i take Chandra's suggestion:

	<project name="test" default="dist">
		<target name="dist">
		<jar jarfile="./test.jar" basedir=".">
			<fileset dir="." includes "*.class"/>
		</jar>
		</target>
	</project>

and this tells me "attribute name "fileset" must be followed by the '='
character".  i'd suspect depricated software but it's version 1.3.  isn't
the syntax correct?  am i missing something stupid?  (it's the same if i
take out the basedir= assignment, by the way, to make it look exactly like
an example)

help?

thank you.