ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant <-> FTP task
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:28:32 GMT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alexander Saupp
  To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 2:07 PM
  Subject: Ant <-> FTP task

  Hi there,

  i read in documentation that it's possible to work with ftp an telnet task also.
  I downloaded the jar file required from http://www.savarese.org and added
  them to the ant_home\lib directory as i did for other additional tasks.

  Now, I have the problem that I don't know how to specify the additional task.
  I guess some line like
      <taskdef name="ftp"    classname="com.oroinc.net.ftp.FTP"/>
  is needed, but when doing this, I get an error message
       Build.xml:43: Class com.oroinc.net.ftp.FTP doesn't support the "server" attribute

  So my question is: Did anybody of you work with this (of course, I hope) and
  can you give me a hot tip what the additional task is, that i have to.

Normally it should not be required to manually define that task. If you want (or need) to
do it you should define the class to be "org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP".
This task uses the Net-Components internally, so you need to download them and put them on
the classpath (or in Ant's "lib"-dir), but you don't need to work with them directly.

Nico